How to Hard Reset & remove password your Motorola Droid
To perform a hard reset on your Motorola Droid, perform the following steps.
- Turn off the Droid. If you are unable to turn off the Droid, remove the battery for 10 seconds, then replace it.
- Open the physical keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding the Power Button. The device will turn on, keep holding these two buttons until a yellow triangle appears.
- Press the Volume Up and then the Camera button at the same time to get a menu to come up. You may have to press them more then once.
- You have now entered Recovery Mode.
- Use the Directional Pad on the Physical Keyboard to select the Format option.
This should perform a factory reset of your device. You will of course lose all data. Please exercise caution before doing this without a backup.
- Note: Contacts, etc. should be backed up to the cloud, so you should be safe with your address book.