- Removed Read info from All SPD Tabs Except SPD Android
- Removed Read Password & Imei from All SPD Tabs
- Added Support Area Button to Download Latest Updates in Top of the Software
- Solved MTK6260 Read Flash Auto Software Close Problem
- Added Support for MTK6582
- Added Support for New Flash ic of MTK6582
- Improved Read Flash of MTK Full Flash
- Added Support for New MTK Android Flash Type
- Added New Algo to Root Android Phones
- Added New way to Root ADB Android Phones
- Improved SPD6531 Read Flash & Dead.
- Improved SPD6500x Read Flash
- Improved SPD6500x Write Flash
Example: The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1).
This error code based on issue related and every error code has exceptional issue and solution.
So what to do on this session while getting error?
Related error code charts and solution:
Error code Symptoms chart A: 1, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1000, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.
Reason: Numbered error code for check hardware issues.
Solution: Try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good. Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support or try to found out device internal hardware problem if you are technician. Remember you own at risk.
Error code Symptoms chart B: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1000, 1611, 9006, 9807, or 9844. Sometimes as a result of this issue, a device might stop responding during the restore process.
Reason: Unlatched configure of your security software or required permission denied by firewall.
Solution: Check your security software and settings, which can block ports and prevent connection to Apple servers during update and restore.
Error code symptoms chart C: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4000, 4005, 4013, 4014, 4016. Sometimes as a result of this issue, a device might stop responding during the restore process.
Reason: Check USB connections.
Solution: If there’s an issue with the USB port, cable, dock, or hub, or if the device becomes disconnected during restore, try troubleshooting the USB connection, then troubleshooting your security software.
To narrow down the issue, you can also change up your hardware:
- Use another USB cable.
- Plug your cable into a different USB port on your computer.
- Try a different dock connector (or no dock).
- Add (or remove) a USB hub between your device and computer.
- Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, with no routers, hubs, or switches.
If you checked your connections and are still seeing the error message, check for hardware issues.
Error code symptoms chart D: 17, 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194, 3000, 3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3015, 3194, or 3200. These alerts refer to gs.apple.com, say “There was a problem downloading the software,” or say the “device isn’t eligible for the requested build.”
Reason: communication issues.
Solution: Check the hosts file or TCP/IP filtering, which might cause communication issues between iTunes, ports, and servers.
Help you to unlock the Bootloader first so that you could root and flash any custom recovery.
1. Make it safe and simple.
2. Have it done in an official way.
3. Support as many SONY devices as possible.
4. Automatically retrieve unlock code and eveything
Download: Kingo Sony Bootloader Unlock – CNET Download.com
Enable USB Debugging
1. Connect your device to PC via USB cable. It is highly recommended that you use the original cable and plug it into the motherboard port.
2. Select your Android version and then follow the instructions as shown to enable USB Debugging.
3. After that, kingo will automatically install the device driver and establish connection with your device. Please be patient.
Read the Notifications
1. It is IMPORTANT that you read the notifications carefully to avoid trouble later on .
2. You have to be fully aware of the CONSEQUENCES before unlocking your Bootloader.
3. Which includes your WARRANTY CLAIM being voided and USER DATA being wiped off.
Click to Unlock
1. Click “Unlock” to start when you are ready.
2. It will take a few minutes before the whole process is complete.
3. During this course, please do not disconnect, move or touch your device in any way.
1. Normally the unlocking process will go fine and succeed at last. Click “Finish” and wait for your device reboots itself so that your phone will be more stable.
2. If it fails, unfortunately, please contact us. And we will see what we can do to solve it.